Being Everbright Environment’s engine for technology R&D and innovation, envirotech, by leveraging its R&D platforms located in different places, has been focusing on key research areas such as household waste treatment, treatment of various hazardous and solid waste, agricultural and forestry biomass utilisation, water environment management, big data and intelligent control. As Everbright Environment’s platform for core technological innovation and results commercialisation, envirotech is dedicated to tackling difficulties of environmental protection processes and technologies and aims at cutting-edge technologies worldwide.
As of 30 June 2023, Everbright Environment held a total of 1,778 patents, in addition to 87 major technical essays.
In the first half of 2023, Everbright Environment’s major technology R&D progress and results are summarised as follows:
- The research on energy saving and efficiency enhancement technologies for waste-to-energy incineration power plants resulted in various technical solutions and has been applied in Everbright Environment’s Suzhou Waste-to-energy Project.
- The new flue gas recirculation technology was applied in Everbright Environment’s Jiangsu Wujiang Waste-to-energy Project (“Wujiang Project”） Phase II as a demonstration.
- Everbright Environment’s self-developed 850 tonnes/day wet deacidification technology entered the supply and installation stage.
- The dry anaerobic technology demonstration project in Pei County was carried out, integrating the results of a national research topic on technologies and equipment for the high-value utilisation of rural and county household waste and secondary pollution control, to design and develop a complete set of dry anaerobic technology and equipment.
- Everbright Environment cooperated with The Hong Kong Polytechnic University to develop technologies for the high-value utilisation of bottom slag for the production of recycled building materials, and put forward a proposal on the recycling of waste incineration residue in Hong Kong for the HKSAR.
- The automated combustion control (ACC) and automated frequency control (AFC) technologies have been applied to 6 projects of Everbright Environment and scheduled to be applied to another 30 projects.
- The new advanced leachate treatment demonstration project completed the installation, check, debugging and trial run.
- The research on biomass high-efficiency pyrolysis and gasification technology has resulted in a complete set of biomass gasification heating technology solutions and equipment selection, and the project has been actively promoted for demonstration.
- The self-developed hydraulic ash cleaning technology was applied in Everbright Environment’s individual projects.
- The anaerobic membrane bioreactor (AnMBR) technology was installed in Everbright Environment’s project in Suzhou as a demonstration. The technology was being tested and put into a trial run.
- A set of highly efficient, safe and automated mobile selective catalytic reduction (“SCR”） regeneration technology solution was completed and began pilot production.
- The pilot test for the R&D of cracking and recycling technology for low-value plastics was completed and the feasibility of the technology was verified.
- The design of software and hardware design for the information technology management system at Everbright Environment’s Yancheng Recycling Sorting Centre Project was completed, realising the informatised and transparent management of materials in the recycling sorting centre.
- A carbon asset development pilot project was conducted according to the international Verified Carbon Reduction Standard (“VCS”）, completed the third-party on-site audit of the VCS for the Everbright Environment’s Wuwei Waste-to-energy Project in Gansu Province, and collected relevant information of more than 10 waste-to-energy projects of Everbright Environment, to get prepared for the restart of the national Certified Voluntary Carbon Emission Reduction (CCER) programme.