Everbright Environment, as one of the leading players in the industry, has the responsibility in ensuring its Suppliers and their supply chain to operate smoothly and responsibly. Everbright Environment believes we have the responsibility to promote sustainability throughout its entire supply chain and work together with our supplier to improve their sustainability performance.
Everbright Environment will constantly review this Code and make revision to it when necessary. Everbright Environment will favour Suppliers who can demonstrate their commitments to this Code when being invited to do business with the Group.
This Code is developed for all Suppliers and any third parties that are sub-contracted by Suppliers. All suppliers are expected to follow the Code when doing business or any activities related to Everbright Environment.
Business shall be done from an ethical standpoint while relationships between stakeholders should also be based on and deal with honest manner. Suppliers shall uphold high ethical principles which promotes fair and sustainable development, including:
- Compliance to local and international laws, regulations and policies;
- Consideration of different environmental principles throughout their supply chains;
- Observance towards local labor regulation with reasonable and lawful treatment to their own suppliers and subcontractors.
Acknowledging the importance of a sustainable business model, Everbright Environment also has high expectation towards its Suppliers in the implementation of different environmental management principles, reducing the negative impacts post to the environment in which they operate. Suppliers are expected to:
- Provision of an appropriate environmental policy, which assess and seek to minimize any environmental or health impacts brought along from the Supplier's operation;
- Observance towards local laws and policies that are related to environmental protection.
Everbright Environment is dedicated in improving the welfare of society through different channels. The Group believes that it is their responsibility to consider the well being of the general public upon their operation. Everbright Environment also expects its Suppliers to comply with relevant policies and legislations in operating countries in the following aspects:
- Avoid any abusive employment practices, including as slavery, forced and bonded labor, and child labor. Rights of workers, both local and migrant, should also have their rights be respected;
- Adopt and reference to related labor policies, which adheres to different international labor standards;
- Provision of a reasonable wage that meets legally mandated minimums without unreasonable or unauthorized deductions;
- Ensuring the number of working hours of workers and employees are reasonable and in accordance with local regulation and industry practices;
- Prohibition of discrimination or abuse against any groups, workers or employees in terms of their religion, ethnicity, social gender or any protected classes that are covered in the local or international human rights law and standards.
Health and Safety
- Provision of a safe and healthy working environment to workers and health and safety management system, which abides to local laws and regulations.
- Respect the rights of the indigenous people, local communities and any parties within the area they operate, striving to improve the well being of different stakeholders.
Suppliers are engorged to have a suitable supplier management system in place to promote sustainability of its sub-contractors.
Everbright Environment requires its Suppliers to provide relevant documents as necessary to demonstrate how the requirements in this Code are to be met.