Everbright Environment Charitable Foundation
Everbright Environment set up Everbright Environment Charitable Foundation Company Limited in Hong Kong in August 2013. The foundation company manages the Everbright Environment Charitable Foundation (formerly known as "Everbright International Environmental Protection Charitable Foundation") and coordinates the company’s charitable projects in environmental protection education, energy-saving, carbon reduction, ecological conservation, community caring, etc. in Hong Kong.
- In 2021, WWF-HK's Solar Dome facility, which was constructed under support of the foundation, commenced operation. The facility is located at the Island House in Yuen Chau Tsai, Taipo, Hong Kong.
- From 2014 to 2020, the foundation supported WWF-HK's Earth Hour, a large environmental protection initiative, for seven consecutive years.
- In 2019, the foundation partnered with UNICEF Hong Kong to roll out the charitable outdoor parent-child carnival "Adventure in the Woods" in Hong Kong.
- From 2016 to 2019, the foundation supported Heifer International Hong Kong branch's “Read to feed” fund raising program (2016-2017, 2017-2018 and 2018-2019 academic years). Through this program, the foundation launched a series of environmental education workshops at primary and secondary schools in Hong Kong and led groups of students from Hong Kong’s primary and secondary schools to visit the company’s Boluo Waste-to-energy Project in Guangdong Province.
- In 2015, the foundation title sponsored Yan Oi Tong Green City Exploration Tour 2015 – Singapore. The event provided the opportunity for 23 environmental protection students from Hong Kong to visit Singapore, entitled the “Greenest Asian City”.
Everbright Environmental Protection Charitable Foundation
Our project company in Suzhou City, in collaboration with Suzhou Environmental & Municipal Administration Bureau and Suzhou Charity Federation, established Everbright Environmental Protection Charitable Foundation in June 2013. Every year, the project company donates RMB1.5 million to the foundation and the funds are used to help local sanitation workers and their families who are faced with difficulties and need financial and emotional support. As at the end of 2022, more than 2,200 people had received approximately RMB13 million granted by the foundation.
Anhui Dangshan No.5 High School (formerly known as "Everbright Environment True Love School")
Everbright Environment donated RMB6 million, computers and textbooks to a local school renovation project in 2010, when the company carried out preparation work for Dangshan Biomass Power Generation Project in Anhui Province. The school was then named “Everbright Environment True Love School” and was officially launched in September 2011. The school has been renamed as Anhui Dangshan No.5 High School. Equipped with the state-of-art facilities, comprehensive teaching equipment, playground, music and dancing rooms, the school could provide students with a pleasant learning environment. Meanwhile, the company have set up the True Love Fund to provide the students with financial support and scholarship. As at the end of 2022, the school had accumulatively offered education opportunities for approximately 7,300 students.