19 Apr 2011
2011 Annual General Meeting of the Company
The Annual General Meeting ("AGM") of China Everbright International Limited ("the Company") was held at Oasis Room, 8th Floor, Renaissance Harbour View Hotel, Wanchai, Hong Kong on 19 April 2011. The directors who attended the AGM included executive directors, namely Mr. Tang Shuangning (Chairman), Mr. Chen Xiaoping (Chief Executive Officer), Mr. Wang Tianyi (General Manager), Mr. Raymond Wong Kam Chung (Chief Financial Officer) and Mr. Cai Shuguang; a non-executive director, Mr. Philip Fan Yan Hok; and independent non-executive directors, namely Mr. Selwyn Mar, Mr. Aubrey Li Kwok Sing and Mr. Zhai Haitao, as well as Mr. Simon Lee of KPMG, the auditors of the Company.
In the AGM, the following resolutions were passed by the shareholders of the Company :
- adoption of the audited financial statements and the report of the directors and independent auditor's report of the Company for the year ended 31 December 2010;
- declaration of a final dividend of the Company for the year ended 31 December 2010 of HK1.5 cents per share;
- re-election of directors of the Company, namely, Mr. Tang Shuangning, Mr. Zang Qiutao, Mr. Li Xueming, Mr. Chen Xiaoping, Mr. Cai Shuguang and Mr. Zhai Haitao; and the authorization given to the board of directors of the Company to fix the directors' remuneration for the year ending 31 December 2011;
- re-appointment of KMPG as auditors of the Company to hold office until the conclusion of the next annual general meeting; and the authorization given to the board of directors of the Company to fix the remuneration of auditors; and
- approval of matters involving general mandates to issue new shares and repurchase shares.